Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jack-O

edited November 1999 in Movie Catalog
Jack-O, released in 1995, and directed by an unknown Steve Latshaw, is the embodiment of complete garbage, and, quite frankly, a waste of film equipment. After a wizard of sorts is executed in the early 1900s', a terrible curse is placed on the family and its predecessors involving a scythe-wielding maniac with a pumpkin's head. I know...pretty close to tempting...

Within the first 20 minutes of this film, I found myself going face-first into the desk. Fully equipped with poor, non-artistically blurred film quality, Spencer Gifts style props, female actors that appeared to have been recruited directly from the perfume sales counter of Sears, circa 1888, and effects that rival a mid-west high school's theatre department, this flick is enough to make even the most hardcore B movie fan sob with disappointment.

I believe the worst aspect, as a whole, was the director's attempt to add an element of surrealism, at which he failed miserably. The only appealing aspect was the presence of veteran actor, John Carradine, who played his typical role of "diabolically creepy old man". Without a doubt in my mind, this film receives a hearty Grindhouse "thumbs down."

I, personally, would have been more entertained by reading Foxes Book Of Martyrs....