Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Begotten

edited November 1999 in Movie Catalog
Ahhh, yes...another evening of reckless film experimentation...

I just got my hands on a copy of a gore flick, directed in 1991, called "Begotten." Apparently, the director, E. Elias Merhige based the film on his personal experiences after a car accident at the age of 19. Before today, I had no idea that this movie even existed, but the synopsis leaves promises of the disembowelment of God and cannibalism. Enough said.

With that being said, I shall lay my ears back and force this gem into play--only to return with my official review later.

Wish me luck, peeps and creeps!

Comments

• Crazy, sexy, cool.

Well, at least one of the above...

I have to admit that my expectations were higher of an independent film, but this movie is tangible proof that all genres have their bargain basement extraordinares. I wish that I could have appreciated its surrealistic nature, but any and all thoughts of appreciation were clouded by poor sequencing and low-budget,mundane scenes of a "National Geographic on acid" nature.

All in all, this film was a complete waste of 1 hour and 15 minutes of my life, so I offer this disaster a hearty Grindhouse "thumbs down".