Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make Them Die Slowly

edited November 1999 in Movie Catalog
Also knowns as Cannibal Ferox.

Great movie! I lived in a rural Southeastern Ohio area when I grew up. When I was 12 years old or so I stayed with my friend at his house for the night, and his mother took us to the video rental store. We picked up Make Them Die Slowly for our all night gorefest. The other movies we picked up pretty much sucked, so we skipped ahead to the movie that had to be rented by his mother due to the rating.

Man, I am so glad that whatever god out there chose to put Make Them Die Slowly in a rural Ohioan video stand. There's so much gore in this flick it's not funny, especially since this came out in 1983. For the first time ever an actually killing of an animal was on tape for all to see. That was huge back then. It made such a huge stink about the film. We didn't know it at the time, but we were watching history being made.

If I had to say there was one downside to this whole thing, it was the breast hanging scene. That was a little underdone... they could have done a little more with that scene.

Other than that, what a great movie. If you've not seen it, and you can appreciate that it was made 25 years ago, you will have a good time.