Rape and Revenge Films

• These exploitation films are about a woman who is raped, left for dead, recovers and then later extracts an incredibly graphic, gory revenge against the person/persons who raped her. It is common for the main character in these films to be a successful, independent woman from the city, who is attacked by a horrible man from the country.

Here’s a look at the best known rape and revenge films:

I Spit on Your Grave (1978): This is hands down the most famous of all rape and revenge films. It follows Jennifer, a writer who leaves the city to finish the novel she is working on. She hires a riverside apartment in upstate New York to finish her book, attracting the attention of a number of unruly male locals. They catch her one day, strip her naked and rape her. Jennifer is later attacked and raped a further two times by the four miscreants, and her novel is also destroyed. But Jennifer slowly recovers and in her now-twisted and psychotic mind, she then begins to seek revenge on the four men who raped her.

The Last House on the Left (1972): In some rape and revenge cases, the woman is killed at the beginning of the movie, and the revenge is then carried out by her family, like in this film. In The Last House on the Left a gang of rapists and murderers kidnap and butcher two teenagers and then, unknowingly, seek refuge with the parents of one of the victims. The parents soon learn about what the gang has done, and they get their revenge.

Baise-moi (2000): Baise-moi tells the story of Nadine and Manu – Manu is brutally raped and Nadine sees her only friend shot. After a chance encounter, the two women embark on a bloody and horrific journey of sex and murder. This film stirred a whole lot of controversial for its violence and real sex scenes.
  • Interesting I was unaware of the third movie mentioned (Baise-moi) but i've seen the first two.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

Tagged